Friday, July 16, 2010

Where Is?

Many times a day Alyna will turn with her hands in the air, palms up, and say, "Where is?" What is she asking for... her baby doll. She's always leaving it in different places so we often have to have a baby hunt.

I haven't named the baby doll yet, because I think that should be something she gets to do when she's older. Grandma said that no matter what Alyna names her, she'll always be thought of as "Where Is."

Yesterday, "Where Is" was missing all day. I picked up toys in each room, did lots of laundry, looked under beds and in boxes, but I couldn't find her. It was really sad.

Last night we were playing in baby Kellyn's room, for a change of scenery, and I remembered they had been playing with her chest of drawers the previous day. I opened each drawer, and there was "Where Is" in the empty middle drawer.

I closed it and asked Alyna, "Where is your baby?" Then I pointed to the drawer. She giggled and went to look. Oh the happy face was precious when she saw her baby in there. She put other things in that drawer while we were playing, but not "Where Is." She took her to bed with her last night too.

TWO:
Alyna's other new skill this week is knowing when there is 2 of something. I'm not kidding. It's not something we've been trying to get her to do, she just does it. I've always counted with them since they were little, and if I give them a snack for each hand I say, "You have 2..."

A week ago I gave her two stickers and while she started to play with them, she looked up and said, "Two." Barry's and my jaws both dropped, and I told her she was right that she had two stickers.

She has continued to do this all week when there are two of something. Crazy smart girl...

No comments: