Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Big Beds Update

Ryan and Alyna continue to sleep just as well, or better, in their big twin beds than they did in their cribs. There have been some interesting/funny times already though.


We played the "Look, I'm out of bed" game yesterday. At nap time, I was awoken after less than an hour by two happy smiling children. They both walked right into my room, happy and ready to play. (Usually they sleep for at least an hour and a half.)

I put them to bed about 15 minutes early, and it took me more than 5 minutes to get Alyna to stop coming to the door and trying to escape the room. We usually leave it cracked, but to stop her, I had to shut the door. She cried and then stayed in bed after that. Ryan can actually open the door, but Alyna hasn't quite mastered it yet.



Yesterday early in nap time, and then again this morning at 4 am, I had to go in because Alyna was crying out "Mama" and coming to the door. The problem... Ryan had crawled into bed with her. The poor guy has had a fever since Saturday night, and we found out today it is strep throat. He just wanted someone to cuddle with I'm sure, but Alyna would have none of that. That is her bed, and she doesn't even want Mommy to lie down in it with her. Ryan has always been the cuddly one. Alyna likes hugs, but then the hug is over and she's done. She's definitely her mother's daughter.

Because of Ryan's illness, we've had a couple rough nights being up a lot with him. It's actually nice to be able to lie down next to him in his bed to comfort him.

No comments: