Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Baby Countdown

... 4 weeks and counting ...

Because we are at a rural hospital, I've opted to have another scheduled c-section. Of course, if she decides to come before 39 1/2 weeks, then we'll do it then, but other wise, the date is Wednesday, August 18.

The nursery looks a lot bigger with only one crib in it. I still have to rearrange the furniture in there a little. The twins really like their big room with big beds.

We bought our first packages of newborn diapers at WalMart this weekend, and another box of wipes for her room. It's amazing that with all the baby things we already have, we still seem to have bought a lot of things for this baby: a second MP3 player dock for playing lullabies in the rooms, another white noise machine, new lap pads, a new changing table pad, etc. We also bought a car seat cover in pink to replace the cover on Ryan's old car seat.

I'm already having contractions, and sometimes they get close together when I'm tired or doing too much walking. This happens especially in the evenings, so we just can't plan to be anywhere after nap time these days. I'm really having trouble sleeping at night. Everyone says that's just your body preparing to take care of the baby, but that stinks. I'd rather be well rested when the baby comes.

As uncomfortable as I am right now, I really hope Kellyn waits the 4 weeks.

No comments: