Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Vacation Day 1: Friend's Twins' Birthday

We left on a Saturday morning, with Grandma and Grandpa's help, at about 7 am (Mountain Time). We drove all day to Oklahoma City, stopping whenever it was needed. For lunch we had a picnic at a rest area so the kids could run around for a while. I love Texas rest areas because they are so nice.

We checked into our hotel at around 4:30 pm (Central Time), changed the kids into water clothes, and headed over to my friend Charissa's house. She was my best friend and roommate from college. We haven't seen each other since I was pregnant with my twins, and that weekend was the 1st birthday of her twin boys. It's a great bond we share by both having twins so close together.





We ate food, watched them open the twins' gifts, and joyfully talked as all the kids played in the water toys.



1 comment:

Deborah said...

How fun that you BOTH have twins!! What a sweet time together.