Monday, November 16, 2009

sweet stuff

The other night before bed, the four of use sat on the couch reading books. At this moment Ryan was in my lap, and Alyna was in Barry's lap. I reached over and stroked Barry's hair. Alyna glanced up with a curious look on her face. Then she reached up and stroked her Daddy's hair too. So I reached over and stroked her hair. She grinned, and went back to reading her book.

Ryan and Alyna woke up at 6 yesterday morning, and we were trying very hard to get them to go back to sleep. They have had colds for several days now, but keep waking up early and cranky. Barry finally decided to take Alyna into our room and see if she would sleep on his chest. I tried that with Ryan for about 30 seconds before he decided it would be more fun just to play there. So we tried the recliner in their room, and finally moved to the living room because he just wanted to play. He would lay with me on the couch for 5 minutes, then get up and run around the room for 5 minutes, and then come back for another snuggle. At one point he lifted his head off my chest and asked, "nina? dada?" I smiled and said, "Alyna and Daddy are sleeping," at which point he slid off the couch and started to run down the hallway to go wake them up. I had to rush to grab him. We snuggled, ate breakfast, and played together until about 8 o'clock when Alyna finally woke up and Daddy brought her out.

This morning they slept until 7... hooray for that.

Oh, and I'd like to say congratulations to my dad. Not only has he lost over 25 pounds and gotten off all his medications just since this summer, but he has also joined the online community full blast. He joined Facebook and a started a blog all in one week. If you know him or would like to find out about how he's gotten healthy, visit his blog.
Kerbe's Blog: Can You Hear God Singing

1 comment:

Kerbe Lee said...

Kara, I love reading your detailed and descriptive blogs especially when they document the doings of my grandtwins, Alyna and Ryan. Thanks for the affirmation of my healthy living and joining the cyber communication era finally.