Monday, November 2, 2009

night troubles

We've had lots of restless nights lately, and I'm seriously in need of advice from other moms. So please comment if you have anything that may help.

Alyna still wakes up with gas pains about 5 hours after her last bottle. Yes, we still do a bottle at bedtime, and Alyna still gets a 9 pm bottle too. If we don't give her that extra bottle, the wakeup is about midnight. If we give her that bottle it is pushed to 2 or 3 am. We've switched off formula to powdered goat's milk which is supposed to be easier to digest.

Alyna woke at 2:20 am, and would go back to sleep after about 15-20 minutes of crying, but then would cry out in pain every 5-10 minutes. We gave her some Gas-X and teething tablets during this time. After about an hour of that she fully awoke again and cried, and I went in to comfort her. She calmed down as I held her but her breathing was irregular like it is with the gas pains. She gasps in short breaths, and then breathes out again pausing before gasping in breathes again. After 20 minutes of putting her down when she calmed down and having her start crying again, I gave in and held her in the recliner until her breathing became regular again. So at 4 am I finally went back to sleep.

Their diet is mostly meat, fruits, veggies, and cheerios. I just don't know what else to do to help her sleep without the pains coming. She does have some nights where she doesn't do this, but there doesn't seem to be a pattern.

I'm really tired and exhausted.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Try taking away some of her foods, slowly, and see what that does. High fiber veggies (ie carrots) may be the culprit, so I would start there. That's all I can even think of, we never had gas issues. Do some googling and see what you come up with. I've gotten some great ideas for some of our past conundrums that way.