Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Let's Go

One of the twin's favorite phrases to hear is "Let's Go" whether it's to go outside, go bye bye, or just to their room to play. They love to go to another place. During the day they have the run of the living room, kitchen, and dining room, but that is never enough. We dread the cold days of winter ahead, and are trying to get the garage in shape for kids to play in on those days.

I'm glad they like to go places (especially Alyna). She is perfectly content to sit in a cart for an hour as long as we're moving. She doesn't like being stationary very long, and loves to see all the people along the way. She has started to point at pictures of things on items in the grocery store like dogs, babies, and cheerios. Ryan likes to go places, but he's more uncertain once we get there. He's too active to enjoy riding around in the cart for very long.

Yesterday morning we went to the MOPS play group, and as I got them in the car I realized we would be a full 14 minutes early. I left the time I usually leave for church not accounting for the fact that the MOPS meeting place is only a 2 minute drive and I didn't have a reason to be 5 minutes early. So we just drove around for a while, and they were content to watch the world go by.

It was Barry's sleeping day for night shift, and he usually gets up around 4:30 pm. So at 4, I decided to load the kids up and go fill the water jugs and pick up a Papa Murphy's take and bake pizza. As I put on their shoes and socks they were very excited. Ryan giggled as I put him in his car seat. Then as we pulled out of the driveway Alyna gave a full belly laugh.

... Oh, and both Ryan and Alyna slept from 7:30 pm until 6 am, with just a quick diaper change for Alyna at 4:30 am... no fussing. And no I didn't really change anything except Alyna slept through the 9 pm feed.

No comments: