Tuesday, November 3, 2009

a better night

Just wanted to let you know we had a better night last night. At least I did. It was Barry's night to stay up all night to prepare for night shift, and now he's asleep, so I don't know how many times he went in to the room. I just know that I went to sleep before 10, and didn't wake up again until 4:08 am. I heard Barry check on Alyna, so used the bathroom and went back to bed. At 4:30 she was crying again/still... so I went to help.

Barry had changed her diaper, and was trying to put her back to sleep. In the past we've given in with a bottle too much and are trying not to do that anymore. We gave her gas-x and teething tablets to cover the bases. Then Ryan woke up too, and we changed his diaper. We picked up and put down until 5. Alyna thought that the rocking to sleep the previous night would be a much better way for Mommy to do things. "Not gonna happen." Eventually she was worn out and gave in.

Ryan cried again 5 minutes after I left the room. I went back in because I could tell it was his "I have to pee" cry. He really does hate the feeling. So I held him while he peed, and then changed his diaper... again.

They both slept until 6:30, which is normal this week because of the time change. I gave them bottles and put them back in their cribs, but they weren't happy about that. Ryan kept saying his "I ditty ditty." I think it's this week's version of potty. So I took them out to the potty chairs, and sure enough he peed in the potty 4 minutes later. Now Mommy just needs to start being less selfish with her time and add potty breaks regularly during the day too.

This morning is playtime with the MOPS moms. We go to the nursery and let the kids play while we talk. I'm really looking forward to it.

No comments: