Saturday, November 21, 2009

complete thoughts

It always surprises me when the twins make another developmental leap... I know it shouldn't.

Ryan has been babbling complete sentences for weeks now; meaning that he babbles for 5 seconds but you can't pick out a single word. This morning he said two phrases very clearly. They were complete thoughts, at the right moment, and totally shocked me.

He was sitting in my lap, and Alyna was playing inside an end table next to the couch. He heard her playing, got off my lap, and headed in the opposite direction. When he heard a noise from her he quickly turned around and walked to where she was. He saw her and said, "There she is," with a big smile on his face. Every word was clearly articulated.

A little later I pulled the exercise mat out of the closet and helped them both do somersaults and back bends. I showed Ryan to put his head down and then lifted his hips to roll him over. On about the third time he popped right up and said, "I did it." Again it was very clear.

He also has a new habit of saying "ya, ya, ya, ya," when he's doing something that you're telling him not to do. It reminds me of the "yep, yep" aliens that used to be on "Sesame Street" (which they've never seen).

Alyna has been using her body language more these days to express herself. She points and makes hand gestures when she wants something/someone. She says a "ma" word that essentially means "mine."

Yesterday I rotated in a box of toys that had been put up a month ago. It was lots of fun seeing what they picked out to play with that they had missed. I think the rolling puppy dog will definitely stay out here from now on.

3 comments:

Kerbe Lee said...

We enjoy your blogs about the twins so much. Today we got a nice chuckle from your typo: "He pooped right up..."

Kara said...

oops... I think I'll fix that one.

Kara said...

in my defense:

1. spell-check doesn't catch real words

2. he has pooped 4 to 5 times a day the past few days, so it's kinda true