Thursday, August 27, 2009

So tired...

I hate to vent like this... but I'm soooooo tired my eyes don't want to stay open, yet I can't go to sleep.

The twins have not been sleeping well for the last month. They used to sleep from about 9:30 pm to around 6 am without a fuss. Due to growing, teething, and gas issues we haven't had many nights in August where they've both done that. They seem to take turns having nights where they wake up every 2-3 hours. It's like I have newborns again except that now I can't just feed them and have them go back to sleep. It takes 20 minutes of crying.

Alyna still gets really gassy at about 4 in the morning. So if she wakes up then it takes her a while to pass it and get comfortable enough to go back to sleep. We give her baby gas-x, but it takes about 15 minutes to kick in and only lasts a few hours. She also has been cutting a tooth this last week. During the day when she does something that bumps her mouth, she raises her hand to it, and makes this really sad face. Poor girl.

We think Ryan's teeth must be on the way because he's now in the sleep pattern she had 2 weeks ago. The past three nights he wakes up every 3 hours or so. And he doesn't even want a bottle.

Me... my body is too tired to fall asleep easily. Nap time is almost over when I finally fall asleep, and I have a lot of trouble sleeping after getting up at 5 am to tend the crying babies. So I'm worn out. The only light at the end of this tunnel will be in 2 weeks when my mom arrives for the week. Hopefully I can get some sleep between now and then too.

1 comment:

April said...

Hang in there. It seems like it will never end, but those teeth will come in, and the growth spurts will slow down, and you will find a routine of more regular sleep once again. It is certainly not easy in the thick of it all. I'm glad your Mom is coming! That is good.