Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Alyna's first steps

Not to be outdone by her brother, Alyna officially took her first steps at 10 months old. (in 3 days they will be 11 months old)

She was standing at the ball ramp toy, turned, took 2 slow steps and grabbed the music table. I was standing right by her. I grabbed her up and threw her in the air congratulating her on her accomplishment. She smiled and giggled at the attention.

Ryan now takes 5 or 6 steps consistently when he thinks he can make it. Sometimes it's just easier to crawl though.

I'm sure that by their birthday both will be toddlering around the house. I guess that means a new level of baby proofing is coming. As they get faster, I can't always beat them in and out of a room before I can close it off.

I love watching them learn and grow. Yay Alyna!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Yea Alyna!!! I'm sure by the time I see them in September they will be toddling everywhere! It took Braedon about a month to really transition from crawling to walking. As soon as he learned to run, the crawling stopped!