Sunday, August 16, 2009

Bananas

An amazing thing happened the other day. I was cutting up a banana at the table for Ryan, and Alyna started licking her lips and making a "mmm mmm" sound. I said to her, "You don't like bananas," but she continued. So I pulled off a tiny piece and put it in her mouth...

...and she ate it.

I thought to myself, "that was a fluke" and pulled off another tiny piece. She ate the next piec too, and started saying "mmm mmm." She had spit out the piece I offered her just last week.

So I gave her a whole chunk like I was giving Ryan, and she ate that. Ever since then she will eat as much as Ryan will. Today at lunch they didn't want their cheese sandwich for some reason, and ate a banana and a half between the two of them (plus green beans and cheerios).

She has gagged on anything with banana in it since she was 5 months old. Now she loves the real thing. I guess her taste buds are growing up too.

The other amazing thing is that she says the word, "anana" when she sees me cutting it. Such a smart girl with all her words.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Um, yeah, they do that. Remember the banana euphoria now, because in six months she'll decide she hates her favorite food and you are such a bad parent for giving it to her. Then very possibly throw the bowl at your head. Or maybe that'll be Ryan's job....