Monday, August 10, 2009

Piling it on

The stress just keeps coming.

Saturday night, Barry was working the night shift so I was alone home with the babies.
At 12:30 am, the phone rang and woke the babies. After I got them back to sleep I checked the caller ID and saw Barry's cell phone number. When I called it back Barry's supervisor, Dustin, answered, and explained that he had driven Barry to the ER because of kidney stones. Barry had them 3 years ago so he knew what it was. Dustin was kind enough to stay at the ER with Barry at least to see whether they would release him or admit him.

Dustin brought Barry home at about 4:30 am in a drug induced stupor, and we went to bed. He has a kidney stone as well as a kidney infection.

Being a small town with problems employing enough people... we don't have a 24 hour pharmacy. The earliest one to open on Sunday was Walgreen's at 10 am. So I took the babies to church at 9, and left them in the cradle roll class at 10 while I got Barry's medicine and brought it to him.

The bad news is that the pain medicine doesn't seem to be helping much, and he is very nauseated and can't even keep much water down. So a man from our church is driving him to the Urologist in Lubbock this morning (about 2 hours away) and hopefully they can get it under control.

Added to that is my very sore throat, and the fact that I'm wiped from taking care of the babies by myself all week during Barry's shift.

More prayers please... we need them desperately right now.

Afternoon Update:
This afternoon, they took him to Grace Medical Center to do a procedure to remove the kidney stone. I'm unsure at this point whether he'll come home tonight or have to stay. They are currently trying to rehydrate him after over 24 hours of not keeping anything down.

Night Time Update:
The procedure went well, and he's doing fine. It was late in the evening when he got out so they are keeping him overnight. He should come home in the morning.

No comments: