Thursday, February 19, 2009

Twin Updates

Here are some updates on my recent blog topics:

Sleep: We had a breakthrough a few nights ago. Alyna wouldn't calm down at 3 am, so Barry convinced me to give her a bottle because she'd only eaten half a bottle at the 11 pm dream feed. But after 2 oz, she stopped eating and got fussy. She immediately went to sleep when I re-swaddled her in her crib. Ryan slept through the whole thing. Since then we haven't had to feed them between the 11 pm feed and when they wake in the morning between 6:30 and 7:30. Alyna still wakes up because of gas somewhere between 3-5, but we've been giving her infant GasX at bedtime and when she wakes up which is helping.

Play: They are both starting to squirm and roll around a lot more. I often return from another room to find them a few feet from where they were when I left. Ryan likes his exer-saucer a lot, as long as he can stand up. When he falls down into the seat he can't quite reach the toys. Alyna likes to be thrown into the air, and pretend to be falling back from your lap so that you catch her. She laughs a lot.

Eating: Ryan has eaten about 1 oz of Pears every morning since Tuesday. Alyna ate a few bites this morning without gagging, but she made the same faces she makes when we give her the medicine for her acid reflux. I stopped after a few bites because I didn't want her to get upset about it. We'll do it again tomorrow.

Picture Books: I haven't had much motivation to sit and write in the baby books, or get pictures printed for their books and photo albums. So I made several picture books on the Kodak website and we received them today. They look absolutely wonderful. They are 10X9 hardback books that have personalized covers with a title and caption. I made one for each of the twins that is their own, and has pictures from the first 6 weeks or so of their lives. I wanted it to be just the newborn photos. Then I made a keepsake book for Barry and myself of the twins first 4 months. It is amazing to see how they've grown so far. I am now putting together a book for each of them of their first year... with pages for each month. (Obviously there are lots of pages still to be added.)

No comments: