Sunday, February 1, 2009

No P.U.P.D. needed

5 days after starting the P.U.P.D. with Alyna at naps and bedtime... she took 2 long naps yesterday and slept for 8 hours last night without incidence.

The more amazing part... so did Ryan. (except for the occasional pacifier retrieval)

Their schedule was a little off yesterday, so instead of eating at 7 pm and 11 pm, they ate at 5 pm and 9 pm. I was in bed asleep at 10.

Ryan woke at 2:30, but was soothed back to sleep with his pacifier. Then he woke at 4:30 and 5 for the pacifier again. They both were awake at 5:30, so I went to make bottles. When I returned to the room they both were asleep again. Alyna woke again at 5:50, so I fed her and changed her. When I finished with her, Ryan had just woken up again. He had wet through his diaper, clothes, and blanket, so I changed him and then fed him. Both went back to sleep after their feedings too.

All in all, it was a great night for me. I got 6 1/2 hours of sleep with just the 2:30 incident which I count as a bathroom break. I'm really praying this will continue.

It also helps that they are fully on a 4 hour eating schedule now. They are awake for 2 hours (including the eating time), and then they nap for 1 1/2 to 2 hours. It's really a nice schedule for me. I feel like I can get things done now.

Our next step is to use P.U.P.D. to break Ryan of his need for the pacifier.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Good luck with Ryan! Totally recommend getting rid of his need for a paci before it becomes a habit. It made our transition to no pacifier null and void at 10 months when he didn't need it to sleep. Once you start potty training and doing all the "two year old" things, it will be great to have one less thing to break them of at night. Good plan, sistah!