Friday, February 20, 2009

going outside...

I often take the babies for walks around the neighborhood, or the 3 blocks to Sonic, but today was the first day I laid a blanket on the grass and took them outside. It is somewhat of a challenge because I had to take Ryan outside and go back in to get Alyna while trusting that our beagle Henrey wouldn't step on Ryan. Henrey hasn't every hurt them before, he just smells them. I called to Henrey and he followed me back inside to get Alyna, so it worked out well.

The blanket was in the semi-shade of our pecan trees which have no leaves on them. So it offered a break in the sunshine while letting enough through to keep us warm. The weather was perfect for sitting outside with the temperature in the 70s, a warm sun, and a cool breeze.

It was about 30 minutes from nap time and the twins were already getting fussy because they were bored playing on the floor. Being outside had them entertained for about 20 mintues. I'm sure the texture of laying on the blanket on the crunchy grass felt good to them. Alyna kept turning her head toward the sun which made her squint and caused her eyes to water. Ryan had fun rolling side to side. I sang them songs about the sun, trees, flowers, and the butterflies we saw.

We'll definitely do it more often when there's not too much wind. I enjoyed the time outside the house... even though we didn't go anywhere.

1 comment:

Delores Lee said...

Your blogs bring back lots of memories of days with my babies. What fun watching little ones grow. Hug them often--get all the loving you can now. You will need to have a storehouse of it when they are grown and gone!