Monday, February 16, 2009

First Fruits

Alyna and Ryan had their first taste of solid food today. The fruit of choice was Pears. I purposefully waited for a day that Daddy was home to help feed and take pictures. This is also the first time in their high chairs which are booster seats that strap to our dining room chairs. They recline to give support for young infants.

They had wake up bottles at about 7, and this is breakfast at 8:30. The pictures tell the story the best.


Alyna's first bite


"Hmmmm... what's this stuff?"

"I don't know what this is and I don't think I like it"


Alyna proceeded to gag, so we stopped. We'll try again in a couple days.



Ryan's First Bite



"Hmmmmm..."


"Ok, I think I like this food stuff..."


Ryan ate a full 2 tablespoons which is about 1 oz. That's amazing for the first time. He might have eaten more, but we didn't want to shock his digestive system too badly the first time.

1 comment:

Delores Lee said...

Adorable! Go Ryan! Hang in there Alyna--there will be something you like!