Thursday, November 18, 2010

Yucky

We've got a nasty stomach bug going around our family this week. This is actually the first one we've had since the long before the twins were born. The poor kids didn't even know what was happening since they'd never thrown up before.

Ryan got it first, on Monday afternoon, and he got the mildest case. He threw up a couple times, and had a few yucky diapers on Tuesday.

Alyna and I both got it worse on Tuesday night. Alyna was fine by morning, but I still have some symptoms hanging on even now. I didn't eat anything until Wednesday night. I'm just trying to stay hydrated.

The poor kids are going crazy because Barry and I are too tired to do anything with them. He was just coming off night shift on Tuesday so his lack of sleep was evident yesterday. He hasn't gotten the bug yet, but odds are he will in the next few days. Hopefully since Kellyn hasn't gotten it yet she will be fine. She would have been exposed when I was since I'm breastfeeding.

One of the hardest parts for me is still trying to nurse while sick. Even to pump the milk is a chore of sitting in one place for a while. I learned how to feed her while lying down because of it. She looked at me really funny at first until she figured out that the food was there so it didn't matter that we changed positions.

No comments: