Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Crazy Tuesdays

Tuesday mornings we attend Ladies Bible Class at our congregation, and there's a paid nursery worker to watch Ryan and Alyna play in the nursery. Another 2 year old, Mia, usually comes too, and they get along very well together.

Class starts at 9:30 so we have to be loading up in the van by 9:10 just to make it in time with all the car seats to fasten and unfasten even though it's only a 7 minute drive. This morning at 8:55 I was finishing up getting ready and thinking that we were all set to go a little early when I looked over and saw that Ryan and Alyna were still in their pajamas. I hadn't even picked out clothes for them yet, so I had to rush around to get them changed in time to leave.

We weren't late, but it wasn't the easy pace I thought I was achieving...

At the very end of class we heard screaming coming all the way down the hall from the nursery. I couldn't tell if it was Ryan or Mia... so Mia's mom and I both ended up going down there to see what was happening. It was both of them. Mia was throwing a tantrum because she didn't want to put her shoes on, and Ryan was crying because he didn't understand why Mia was upset. He's such a sensitive guy, and was a little tired today from waking up early today.

We went to lunch with a bunch of ladies where Ryan ended up in our preacher's wife's lap... because she had chocolate cake in front of her.

Kellyn slept through most of class and lunch. When she woke up at the end of lunch one of the ladies held her and fed her some of the bottle. Then she gave me a special treat... a blowout poopy diaper. It leaked up the back onto her shirt. I didn't have an extra shirt with me because I switched bags this morning, so she got to wear a blanket for coming home.

The 3 kids all napped at the same time for almost an hour... that was some nice quiet time.

After nap, and snack (applesauce) we all went for a walk. I carried Kellyn in our baby carrier on my chest. (It's like a backpack but worn on the front.) I decided that instead of pushing the double stroller that I would pull the kids in our 2-seater wagon. The polling place is only 2 blocks away, and they enjoyed the ride to the fire station. The ladies at the tables were happy to talk to Ryan and Alyna while I filled in the bubbles on the ballot. Kellyn had fallen asleep by then.

As we exited the fire station we stopped at the fenced in park next door for about 20 minutes. It's a small play area with a tunnel and slide in the shape of a fire engine. Ryan ran to the back gate and looked at the fire engine, and watched a digging machine help some men move rocks.

On the way home we stopped to visit our neighbor Mrs. Smith who just adores them. She brought a basket of stuffed animals into her living room for them to play with. They made all the animal sounds for her as we talked.

Our outing didn't end there. We loaded up into our van and went to the drive-thru of the bank for some cash and picked up dinner on the way home.

I'm hoping the kids will all sleep really well tonight. Kellyn seems a little out of sorts from the strange schedule of the day. Tomorrow we stay at home all day until church at night. It will be nice...

1 comment:

Deborah said...

Kara, you are a trooper! That was a lot to cram into one day with three little ones.