Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Every month counts

It's amazing how much kids learn in a month's time.

We all know how infants change rapidly each month. Kellyn this month is interacting with her world so much more. She wants to sit up in your lap to look around, and she loves to watch her siblings play.



But I've been surprised lately at how much Alyna and Ryan still change every month. It's getting easier all the time to communicate with them. They are learning to follow directions, and to form complete sentences when they are speaking. They love to learn new things.

Sometimes I work with them on pronouncing a new word or someone's name. Last week Ryan learned to say "monkey" very clearly. This week the word blanket has gone from "bet" to "bayket". I figured out just today that when Ryan asks where "Whining" is he's saying "Lightning" meaning his Lightning McQueen car.



Alyna called from across the house yesterday, "Mom, where are you?" I chuckled because she sounded so grown up. Every time you sigh or say, "ouch" she asks "Are you okay?" It's so cute that she shows such concern for those around her.

Ryan knows many of his letters now, but doesn't respond to questions about them like Alyna does. Alyna can tell you many of the lowercase letters now along with the capital letters. She looked at a lower case "d" today and said "Daddy", because d is for Daddy.

She often says pieces of the alphabet repeatedly though she'll skip letters. She gets "A, B, C, D" easily then skips around a bunch until "W, Y, Z, now I know".

She does the same with counting to ten. Right now it's: 1, 2, 3, 7, 9, 10



Alyna knows what the computer mouse is and the remote control so she can bring them to me across the room while I'm nursing. Ryan and Alyna both love to take Kellyn's empty bottles to the sink for me. When their drink cups are empty they will often go put them on the counter by the refrigerator so I can refill them.

I am so thankful for every day that they grow and learn. God's blessings are overflowing in my house this holiday season.

No comments: