Friday, November 12, 2010

Today's thoughts

As we approach the Thanksgiving holiday I always feel so blessed by the LORD to be where I am today.

It's an extra windy fall day here in southern New Mexico. Barry's at work all day (12 hours shift) and I'm home with the kids. There's a couple errands I could run, but I don't know if we'll do it today or not. Ryan awoke with a constant cough, and as I mentioned before, it is really windy outside.

I've already got 2 loads of laundry waiting to be folded, and about 3 more to go. I got a little behind on it this week.

Beef stew is in the crockpot for dinner, and the dishwasher is unloaded.

Alyna and Ryan woke up at 6:30 and are having a pajamas morning, and watched a movie because I knew they wouldn't go outside to play this morning. Kellyn is in the swing about to take a nap.

This afternoon, their new friend Madison is coming over to play with them. Madison is in 7th grade and just moved here in August. She and her 5th grade sister, Casey, are absolutely wonderful with the kids, and come over a couple times a week just to play with them. They'll even change diapers or take them to the potty without being asked. Since they live about 5 blocks away, it's a perfect situation. They're family attends our congregation, and we get along really well with their parents too.

Alyna loves having them over so much that last night before dinner she kept asking for them. She'd say "Mad and Cases?" over and over again.

P.S. Only in New Mexico would the Thanksgiving meal bags we give out from church include bags of rice and pinto beans. LOL!

No comments: