Monday, June 21, 2010

vacation time

Vacation time doesn't quite mean the same thing once you have children. I still do pretty much the same thing every day regardless of whether Barry is on vacation or not. His 2 weeks of vacation starts today.

We're just staying home this week. He has to adjust back from his night shift schedule, and then we have things to do around the house and yard. I'm hoping we'll fit in a trip to the pool with the kids at some point this week. They really enjoyed it last time we went.

Thursday night my parents will drive into town. Friday we'll pack, and Saturday we will drive off to Branson, MO. I'm so glad my parents will be along to help us out on the trip. I don't think I could make it otherwise.

Saturday night we'll be staying in Oklahoma City where my best friend from college lives. I'm excited to meet her one year old twin boys, and for her to meet our almost 2 year old twins. We haven't seen each other since I was pregnant with the twins.

In Branson, we'll be staying at a resort with my parents, brother's family, and sister and her husband. 2 of my aunts (Mom's sisters) and one cousin will be staying nearby, and we'll have a mini-family reunion. We'll see a couple shows, and go to the Springfield Safari Park, but mostly we'll just be together swimming and playing.

We'll stay there Sunday through Friday and then head home again. My mom is accompanying us home too, and will be staying with us for that week. That will help me a lot since Barry has to go back to work, and I know I'll be worn out after the drive home.

1 comment:

Matt Lee said...

vacations are always so tiring