Friday, June 18, 2010

Skinny boy problem

My skinny boy has presented a new challenge... he's too skinny for the smallest Pullups size. They stay on just fine, but he has too much room to mess around with them.

Here's what I mean:
The past TWO days in a row, Ryan has come to me fussing to go potty around 8:30 or 9 am... so we go. He sits there for 10+ minutes, and doesn't pee. It's not a big deal, and I take him off the potty. 5-10 minutes later, he has pulled "it" out, and peed all over his shirt, shorts, and the floor.

I guess I'm just not letting him sit there long enough, and I'll have to go back to using plain diapers so I can tighten the waist. He really loves the Cars Pullups though, so it's a major motivation for him.

Other times he fusses, we go, and within 2-3 minutes he pees... so it's not that he doesn't know what's going on. I don't know what the deal is at that time in the morning.

2 comments:

April said...

WELL....depending on what time he wakes up in the morning, the problem may the ever present morning erection which truly makes it hard for a little boy to pee. Maybe he's been awake for a while and that's not the issue at all, but for what it's worth I thought I'd mention it! It is funny how much little boys enjoy playing with themselves. Totally normal! He'll get the hang of the potty training as he gets older. He is still so very young! I'm impressed that your kiddos are doing as well as they are with potty training at such an early age! Congrats!

Kara said...

Thanks April... and this is about 2 hours after he wakes up. Sometimes he'll pee in the potty after breakfast at around 7, and sometimes in his diaper. Then around 8:30 we're having this problem.