Tuesday, June 22, 2010

She wants what she wants

Alyna asserts her preferences throughout the day. I try to give her 2 choices on things so that she picks an approved item (like snack), but it doesn't always work that way.

On Sunday morning, I got them out of their beds, and as they were playing in their room I went to the closet to pick out a dress for Alyna to wear to church. Last week she wore a pretty blue sundress with little pink fish around the bottom. It was the first time she had worn it because she has a closet full of dresses we received as hand-me-downs from a friend of Aunt Robyn's. So I pulled out a brown dress with polka-dots and said, "how about this one." Alyna shook her head "no" and pointed to the blue sundress. I said, "We wore that one last week. How about this one?" as I picked up a green dress with cherries on it. She shook her head and said, "That," as she pointed to the blue sundress.

I decided it wasn't worth arguing over, and she wore her pretty blue sundress to church. The only people who even knew she'd worn it the week before were those whom I told the story.


Her preferences also extend to which Pull-up she wears. She actually prefers the "Cars" and "Toy Story" Pull-ups over the pink Princess Pull-ups. It's not too surprising since those are 2 of her favorite movies at this point. We've watched some of the princess movies, but they don't capture her attention just yet. It also isn't too surprising since in my baby book it says that my favorite toys were my brother's cars. She's a lot like her mother, I guess.

She has become quite attatched to her baby doll that Uncle Daniel and Aunt Katelyn bought her for her 1st birthday. She picks it up and carries it around a dozen times each day. She puts it in buckets and boxes as a bed, and give her lots of hugs. She hands the baby to me or Daddy to hug, and then expects us to give her back.

She gets upset when Ryan picks her baby up... that's her baby doll. Of course, he gets upset when she plays with his Lightning McQueen car so it's all fair. They share most everything, so it's good for them to have a toy that is their own.

No comments: