Saturday, January 2, 2010

twins update

Alyna loves to play with the musical tea pot she received for Christmas, and she loves it when we get the puzzles down for her to play with. Ryan often carries 2 cars around the house, one in each hand.

Yesterday I noticed Alyna crossing her fingers. It's really funny. I showed her that I could do it too, but I don't think she even realized what was going on. It's just her new trick.

They love to bounce on my knee while I sing "Yankee Doodle". I stop and tickle them when I say "macaroni" to get big laughs from them. I always tire out before they do.

Alyna's absolute favorite game right now is "I'm gonna get you". She runs away and waits for you to chase her all the time. Her most opportune moments are when she's getting dressed. As soon as you take her shirt off and reach for the new one, she runs away. You have to go get her and force the new shirt on. Such a fun game for her... not so much for the parents.

Ryan continues to find new places to climb onto or into. Our high chairs are boosters that strap to the dining room chairs, and he can now climb up into the high chair and sit correctly waiting for you to strap him in. We received a new toy storage shelf for Christmas but I had to put the shelf away yesterday because he kept climbing up the poles.

Every little thing is so new and fun... but it's always in line with their same tendencies and personalities. They will turn 2 later this year, and that will bring a whole new set of joys and challenges.

No comments: