Tuesday, January 26, 2010

busy week

This is one of the busiest weeks we've had in a long time. I'm so glad it's also the week before we go on vacation for 2 weeks.

Sunday of course was busy: worship, class, lunch out, nap, WalMart, life group.

Monday we had a full play day: outside, inside, at a friend's house, and we even took a long walk with our dog. When the kids were ready for bed I had to go meet a couple women to practice songs for a program on Thursday night.

Tuesday: I taught Ladies Bible Class while the kids played in the nursery with about 4 other kids. After lunch out with the Ladies the twins fell asleep on the way home. This evening the ladies I'm singing with are coming here to practice again.

Wednesday: hopefully a day of rest and playing at home... we'll probably have to practice singing again in the evening.

Thursday: in the morning some friends with young kids are coming over to play, Then in the evening a babysitter is coming so I can go the Ladies Night Out to sing our songs and have fun with the ladies.

Friday and Saturday: playing at home, while Barry sleeps all day for night shift... I have to start packing for vacation

Sunday: worship, teaching Sunday school class, then home to nap and pack for the trip

Since Barry will be coming off night shift, he will sleep all day Sunday and then we will drive to Colorado during the night. It's about 10 1/2 hours, and hopefully the twins will just sleep the whole time.

The best part of this visit is that Barry and I will leave the twins with Nana, Papa, and Aunt Robyn for 4 whole nights to go to a ski resort. This was planned before I became pregnant, and now only Barry will be skiing, but we are still looking forward to the time away. I have lots of books to read and will enjoy just being quiet, and sleeping a lot.

So if I don't blog again for a while it's because we're enjoying our family vacation. We need it...

No comments: