Thursday, January 21, 2010

Our Growing Family

We will be adding a new member to our family in August. I am currently 9 weeks pregnant with a single baby.

I added a banner to track the pregnancy on the right side of the blog page just above the twins' age.

The official due date is August 23, two days before my birthday. The odd thing about that is that when I had the twins I had just turned 29, and I will still be 30 when the baby is born. Crazy! The twins will not turn 2 until several weeks after the baby is born. It will be a hectic life around here for sure.

(The likelihood of the baby being late is very low since we will probably schedule a c-section for this one. The hospital here is just not equipped to handle the possible complications of a VBAC.)

The other nice thing about another summer baby is that I still have my summer maternity clothes. I did have to go buy a few longer sleeve tops and new pair of jeans, but it is a minimal amount.

The biggest difference so far in this pregnancy is that I have been nauseated, but have not actually been sick. With the twins, I was very sick every day until about 2 pm for weeks 8 through 14, and then periodically after that. I am very tired because I have two toddlers to care for, but I try to nap when they do and not worry too much about the other things I could be doing during that time.

I had said it in my review post of the last decade that God is already blessing our family greatly for 2010. While this will be a difficult blessing, it is still a welcome one. As our family grows so does our love for each other.

1 comment:

April said...

Congratulations!!! I cannot imagine taking care of toddler twins, much less adding a newborn into the mix...but I know you can do it, and I'm sooo excited for you! :) Our two kids are 21 months apart. Life was busy, but good. Still is! Ha. I'll be praying that all goes well and smoothly for all five of you! Congrats!