Monday, January 11, 2010

Family Fun

This last week we had lots of family visitors in our house. My sister flew in from Boston, and is still here until later this week. My brother, his family, and their golden retriever drove over from Austin Wednesday and left Sunday morning.

My nephews (Sean 10, and Joshua almost 7) immediately started playing with the twins. Ryan of course showed Sean his cars, and often during the week was seen sitting in Sean's lap. Joshua sat down at the picnic table and had a tea party with Alyna. It was very sweet. All week long, the twins followed the boys around. They got upset when the boys got to go play outside in the snow without them. It was also extremely cold all week until Saturday, and had snowed on Wednesday night.

I enjoyed playing board games and watching movies with my family members who live so far away from us. On Saturday we all went for a long walk through the neighborhood. 5 adults, 2 kids walking, 2 kids in a stroller, and 2 dogs. My nephews stopped all along the way collecting the leftover snow for snowballs.

Barry is back at work now, but my sister is here to help me out until the end of his shift. Today we made a small WalMart trip and ate out for lunch. Tomorrow we will attend the MOPS meeting, and Wednesday we have an appointment to get pictures taken of the twins.

I've been thinking about a verse this week...
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

That peace... it's beyond our understanding. Like Job, we must have faith that God is God. We cannot always understand the ways of the world. May God's peace fill your heart this week.

No comments: