Wednesday, October 7, 2009

fall is in the air

For some reason, when I step outside and smell the fall air I remember my travels in Europe when Barry and I were there for his work. That was 2 years ago, so I had to wonder why the smell would so vividly skip a year of memories.

Well, duh, I was a little bit out of it last fall. Staying mostly inside, sleeping whenever I could, and taking care of newborn twins.

In my mind, I think I skipped the whole autumnal season last year.

This year I am chasing 2 toddlers around a huge back yard making sure they don't eat the fallen leaves or get into the thorny rose bushes. The smell will trigger even more memories next year.


1 comment:

Nicole said...

They are so precious in their jackets! I love that I got to meet them, because now the pictures just seem more "real" to me!