Saturday, October 17, 2009

more potty news

Alyna peed in the potty chair after nap today. It was her first time, but I could tell she actually knew what she was doing because she leaned forward and grunted a little.

I'm getting practice putting diapers on while their standing up, but I think we may try some pull-ups in the next few weeks. Ryan knows how to undo the straps on the diapers so I can't just let him walk around that way, and with 2 on potty chairs it gets kinda crazy dressing them again when they decide they're done.

We've used the generic diapers for a long time now, but the more generic White Cloud pull-ups aren't really that much cheaper than the Pampers or Huggies. So I'll be collecting coupons if anyone wants to send them my way.

Ryan's had a rough couple days and nights. He had a runny nose that is now draining into his throat and chest. I was in with him from 10 to midnight last night because every time he would start to go to sleep, he would cough. Drinking actually made the cough worse because it broke up some of the congestion. I've tried giving him a little honey on a spoon, and he likes it, but it doesn't cut all the phlegm in his chest.

This has also happened at nap times the past two days, so I'm worn out. Barry actually let Ryan sleep on his chest in the recliner in the nursery for an hour because Ryan couldn't sleep lying down flat. (It's one of Barry's days to sleep because he has night shift.)

I don't think it warrants a doctor's visit yet, but if it continues into next week we may go. He doesn't have a fever, and he's playing okay when he's awake except that he is more tired/whiney than normal from his sleep troubles. We'll be watching him carefully because there have been several young children in town who have come down with serious cases of pneumonia. It's enough to make us want to keep them home all winter.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Stay away from the Pampers Easy Ups. The sides are awful to get off, Pull-Ups refasten if you need them to. You can go to the Pull-UPs website and sign up for coupons. I also buy ours at Sams.