Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Amazing

I haven't mentioned these things yet... but was meaning to.

I was excused from Jury Duty. I thank God for that. It was a stressful situation hanging over our heads all summer.
(It was a 6 week federal murder case being held in Albuquerque which is over 6 hours from here. There's no way I could be away from my family that long.)


Today, Alyna learned how to put the circle in the shapes lid all by herself. She was only slightly frustrated that the triangle wouldn't also fit in the hole. I finally helped her put the triangle in the right place, but it was a lot tougher so she went back to doing the circles over and over.

Alyna also points at things very well with her first finger. We were looking through the Sky Mall magazine on the flight, and I said, "Where's the dog?" She looked around with her pointer finger out, and pointed to a golden retriever at the top of the page. My jaw dropped, and Barry looked over and said, "No way." So I said, "Where's another dog?" She looked over the page and after about 30 seconds pointed straight at another small dog that looked completely different. Today she pointed at the ball in a book and said, "ba".

I also think she's saying "That" when she points. She says "da" a lot when she points at something and seems satisfied when I say what it is or give it to her. We'll see how that word progresses.


Ryan says "diaper" when we're changing him, and says "poopy" when he made a mess. One time at Grandma's house the changing mat was lying on the floor, and he just went over and sat on it. At our house he will often come straight to me after he does his business, or he will go over and start messing with the diapers on the table in the corner. Alyna will go off by herself when she has to pee or poop in her diaper.

We always knew they were smart kids, but we are constantly amazed to watch them learn new things.

No comments: