Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Happy 1st Birthday to Alyna and Ryan

One year ago, at about this time (4:30 a.m.), I was sitting in the recliner in the living room because I couldn't sleep anymore. I had to be up at about 5 am to get ready to leave for the hospital for my scheduled c-section... but I couldn't sleep past about 3. So I was watching the Army Wives episode on my DVR and praying that my babies would be fully healthy that day.

We had reached the 37th week in the pregnancy which was quite amazing since I had started having contractions at week 30. The twins were breach so there really was no option (these days) but to schedule the c-section.

The size of my family doubled in the span of 2 minutes as they were delivered into this world.

Alyna Michelle was born at 8:08 a.m., weighing 5 lbs 2 oz, and was 18 1/2 inches long.

Ryan William was all cramped up in my ribs and did the splits as soon as his sister left the womb. What a feeling it must have been to have all that room to move.

Ryan was stubbornly delivered at 8:10 a.m., weighing 4 lbs 14 oz, and was 20 inches long. (long and lanky)

They were both perfectly healthy and beautiful. The blessings poured down like rain from the LORD that day.

No comments: