Thursday, September 3, 2009

counting down

It is now September, and in less than 2 weeks the twins will share their 1st birthday. It's amazing to think back to how small and dependent they were. Now they are walking, talking/babbling, eating solid food, and becoming more independent every day.

I am not sad to see the baby stage go away. I have precious memories, but I am looking forward to watching them grow even more. It's exciting to think of all the things they will learn to do in the next 5 years.

Ryan can now carry items across the room in his hands, and even bend over to pick things up. It is a careful balancing act to be sure. And I believe I felt a tooth popping through his lower gum this morning, but I'll have to check again later to verify that. I also think he said Alyna's name a couple times yesterday while they were playing together. It sounded like "Linna".

Alyna is walking farther distances every day. She has been sleeping a whole lot the last two days, so I think she's about to grow again. Her new funny face of the week is to pucker her lips out, squint, and tighten her nose while blowing out a "phtt" sound. We do it back to her and then all have a great laugh. Our little actress.

The blessings continually flow... and this next 2 weeks will be a precious time for me.

No comments: