Thursday, March 17, 2011

You know a kid is sick...

You know a kid is sick when they won't eat anything and they don't argue with taking another long nap.

Kellyn had a stomach bug on Tuesday, throwing up several times and having stomach cramps throughout the night. Wednesday she was feeling better except that she hadn't slept or eaten like normal, so she was just out of sorts. She seems all better today except for the diarrhea hanging on.

Alyna didn't eat dinner last night, didn't want a bedtime snack, and went to sleep saying her tummy hurt. She talked in her sleep last night, which is something I do when I'm stressed or not feeling well. She woke up with a 100.5 degree fever still saying her tummy hurt. She laid on the couch watching TV all morning. At 10:30 am she finally ate some mandarin oranges, but I think that gave her some stomach cramps. She fell asleep on the couch during a movie and I moved her to her own bed around 11. She woke up at 12:15 and cuddled with me in a chair. I moved her to the couch at 12:45 so I could put Kellyn and Ryan down for a nap. As I took Ryan to bed, I saw her eyes drooping, so I carried her to her bed again for another nap. She didn't fuss at all about it. I did make her drink some water before laying down because I'm worried she's getting dehydrated. Poor thing...

Better this week than next, and at least I got some sleep last night. Tuesday night with Kellyn I didn't sleep much at all and never for more than an hour at a time. And of course this week is the one that's important for Barry to work overtime and even work the weekend because he's in charge of the big software turnover at the plant.

I just pray it runs its course through everyone before Tuesday, because we fly to Tennessee on Wednesday.

No comments: