Wednesday, March 9, 2011

tough stuff

It's hard to wait on things to go your way especially when you are 2 years old, and especially when you're always waiting on your baby sister.

Ryan had several melt-downs this morning as he repeatedly had to wait for Mommy to finish something with Kellyn before doing something "very important" for him. During her morning bottle he wanted a rice rusk for a snack. During her lunch time bottle I made the mistake of saying that when she was done I would fix their lunch. So he stood beside me and whined that she was done for the whole time. Then during Kellyn's baby food lunch he dropped one of his cars into a hole in a taped up diaper box. He had to wait until she was done so that I could get the scissors to open the box. Ryan was not happy at all about that.

I know these are actually good lessons for him to learn about delayed gratification, but having a constantly screaming 2 year old today is wearing my nerves thin.

"Teach me LORD to wait, down on my knees, 'till in Your own good time, You answer my pleas..."

No comments: