Friday, March 11, 2011

Sunbeams from Heaven

Today is definitely a day to play outside. There's blue skies, lots of sunshine, a slightly cool breeze, and a high of 76 degrees. Being at an elevation of 3500 feet above sea level, our sunshine is very direct and hot year round. I realized this morning when we were outside at 9:30 am in shorts and t-shirts that I didn't have any sunscreen to put on us. We stayed outside for about 45 minutes.

When Kellyn woke from her nap we trekked to the grocery store to buy items for our congregation's food pantry. We took them up to the church, changed diapers and made a potty stop, and headed off again for lunch at the park.

In the drive-thru I ordered a burger for myself with no onions and no pickles, and Alyna said, "I don't like tickles." 2 year olds are so funny.

We met several other local moms and their young kids at the playground. I pushed Alyna in the swing for probably 20 minutes, while Ryan ran around and played in the bark/dirt with his new friend "George".

I borrowed sunscreen from one of the moms, and I'm hoping the kids didn't get burned, especially Kellyn. I had her in the umbrella stroller facing away from the sun with a hat on, but her legs were in the sunshine the whole time. I actually think that if anyone is sunburned, it's me.

No comments: