Wednesday, March 11, 2009

These precious moments

I was reminded in a friend's blog not to take any moments with my precious babies for granted. They will not be this little for long, and every smile is very precious to me.

Alyna has found her voice again. It is an answer to a prayer in our life group a few weeks ago. In the middle of January, Alyna got very hoarse sounding from her acid reflux. We put her back on the medicine she had taken a few months before, but the hoarseness continued to worry us. Just in the last few weeks her voice has started to sound normal again. Yesterday I think she figured out that it didn't hurt to make noise anymore. (I'm not really sure it hurt her before.) When Barry got home from work and started to play with her, she started making all kinds of loud sounds like we heard her make when she was 2 months old. It put a smile on our faces to know she didn't have any permanent damage to her vocal chords.


Ryan loves to stand up. I've been playing a game with him for about a month now where I sit him in front of me and he just has my fingers in his hands. I say "stand up," and pull him forward a little. He uses his own leg power to push to a standing position, and he balances very well holding just my fingers. Then I say "Sit down," and he leans back, bends his knees, and plants his bottom on the ground. He's not even 6 months old yet... he's a very smart boy.


We had a wonderful visit over the weekend from my sister Krista from Boston, and from my brother Daniel and his wife Katelyn from Searcy, AR. They all helped a lot with the babies, and Uncle Daniel even learned how to change diapers. Ryan and Alyna really enjoyed having more people to play with them and hold them.

No comments: