Sunday, March 15, 2009

Am I who I was?

According to the state of New Mexico, there is only a 16% chance that I am the same person I was 2 1/2 years ago.

We had to go to the DMV to register our new van, so we finally got new driver's lisences with our current home address. We had already updated our DMV records, we just hadn't gottennew photo ids. They use a facial recognition software on your digital picture in an attempt to prevent id theft and fraud.

The woman at the desk had to call a state office for confirmation that she could issue my lisence because the software wasn't sure I was really me.

At the time I found it funny, but as I started to think more about it I realized that I'm not the same person I was. I'm a Mom now, and my perspective on many things has changed. I'm more cautious while driving to protect my children, but also to protect myself because they are dependent on me. I worry more about illness and cleanliness in people around us. I think that staying out past 7:30 is a bad idea because missing bedtime will mess up tomorrow's routine.

In general, I am the same woman with a different outlook on life. I love being a new me.

1 comment:

Delores Lee said...

I love the new you too.