Monday, January 26, 2009

P.U.P.D ... day 3

We have done the P.U.P.D. method consistently with Alyna for 3 days now, and the progress is great.

{If you didn't read the original P.U.P.D. blog, it is below... you might need to catch up}

Going to church yesterday morning and then Life Group at 1 pm wore her out so nap time and bed time were both very easy to get her down to sleep. She woke again at 11 pm for a night time feed, so I fed her and she went to sleep without a fuss afterward.

Then she awoke crying at midnight becuase of a fully wet diaper. I changed her and spent 5 minutes with P.U.P.D. while she cried very loudly.

Again, I'm very thankful that the twins can sleep through each others screaming episodes most of the time.

She awoke again at 2 and 3 am and I did 5 minutes P.U.P.D. each time.

When she awoke at 5 am, the cry was different. It was a "good morning, I'm hungry" cry instead of a screaming "I can't go back to sleep" cry. So I fed her and she went back to sleep easily.

I just put her down for her morning nap with ease. I rocked her and sang a song to her in her darkened room. Then I held her very still for a couple minutes. Then I stood and walked to the crib to lay her down. She immediately turned her head to the side, found her thumb, and soothed herself to sleep.

Ahhhhh, it's bliss when you find something that works.

Update: She just woke up after 40 minutes, and I held her while she cried for 2 minutes. When she finally calmed down, I put her down and she went right back to sleep. Hopefully she will sleep at least another half hour.

No comments: