Friday, January 16, 2009

My longest sleep in months

Last night I (the mommy) got 6 hours of sleep without interuption from anyone ... (except that my bladder woke me up at midnight).

Both Ryan and Alyna were fed and asleep at 9:15, and I was asleep at 9:30. Alyna woke at 3:45 wanting to eat. Then I woke Ryan up to eat as well. 6 hours felt so great. This was the first time they've both gone that long during the same block.

We'd had a rough week of nights so far, so it was nice to catch up on the sleep. Sunday night after I posted that Alyna had slept through the night for a week, she woke up every 3 hours screaming to be fed. That continued until last night. Every 3 hours. We assumed it was a growth spurt because nothing else seemed to be wrong. Sure enough, it lasted 4 days, and now she's a good little sleeper again.

My challenge for this weekend is that Barry has started working 12 hour shifts (with a 1/2 hour commute). 2 days of days and then 2 night shifts. So all weekend, I'm essentially a single parent because he'll be working Friday and Saturday from before the twins wake up to their bed time. Then Sunday night and Monday night he'll work and try to sleep during the days. It will be interesting to try to keep the noise level down with 2 babies. At least Sunday morning and Tuesday morning I can be out of the house all morning at church. But then Barry has Tuesday through Saturday off in a row. That will be the good part of the switch to shift work.

No comments: