Sunday, January 11, 2009

My sleeping beauty...

Every night except one over the past week... Alyna has slept all night long.

No, I haven't had that experience other parents have where I wake up worried something is wrong because my baby has not woken up earlier... because Ryan has woken me up every few hours. He's teething and keeps waking himself up with messy diapers or with pain in his gums. We don't have to feed him every time he wakes up, but sometimes it takes quite a bit of walking around or even putting him in the swing to calm him down again.

Alyna sleeps right through it. Last night we even changed her diaper in her crib at 1 am without waking her up. She slept from 9 pm to 6 am. I wish I could get that much sleep. Her progress is largely due to sucking her thumb. Most parents are not happy about that, but when you play the "pacifier retrieval" game with two babies all day long, you are happy for any thing they can do to sooth themselves.

We are not complaining. We are overjoyed that Alyna is a good sleeper. One waking baby is much easier to deal with than two.

1 comment:

nancy said...

Don't feel bad about having a thumb sucker. God gave them a way to soothe themselves that never gets lost, is always close by, and as you said, you don't spend all day retrieving it for her! God always knows what he's doing!