Thursday, January 1, 2009

Our Happy Holidays

We had a very merry Christmas and a tiring new year's passing at our house.

Grandma and Grandpa Lee (my parents) drove here from Tennessee to visit for the week. I enjoyed having the help, and they enjoyed having their two newest grandchildren smile and laugh at them.

The twins first Christmas was fun even though they are only 3 months old. They got a couple toys they can play with now, and some that will wait a few months. Books, CDs, clothes, and DVDs were also found under the tree. It was a good time.

Barry surprised me with a Sony e-book reader of my own, so that I'd stop using his. I had been monopolizing his reader for the last month as I plowed through the entire Harry Potter series while I was nursing. It has become a staple electronic device in our household, and is a blessing since there's not a good bookstore in our small town. Plus, we don't have to store the books on a bookshelf when we're done. I just finished reading "Marley and Me" on my e-book reader this week.

I surprised Barry with a heavy duty toolbox for all his many house projects. He already made use of it this week finishing up our 1/2 bath remodel.









The New Year arrived with a small scare... Ryan took a tumble and got a big bump on his head from landing on our hard wood floors. But the doctor checked him out thoroughly, and today he seems fine. Last night, Alyna woke up to eat right at 11:45, so I was nursing my baby at midnight. It's not a bad way to spend it, but I will admit I would rather she had slept another couple hours before waking. I think the fireworks outside might have had something to do with it.

We are looking forward to all the growing that Ryan and Alyna will do this year. They will be walking by next Christmas which will bring new adventures and challenges I'm sure.

1 comment:

nancy said...

You must have been so worried! I'm glad he's OK. And tell Barry I said good job-the bathroom looks nice!