Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Hanging in there...34 weeks

The babies seem pretty content where they are...They both move around a lot, and give me plenty of hiccups and heartburn.

I'm still having contractions, but if they get very close together I can lie down on my side and they'll slow back down.

I saw my doctor today and did more fetal monitoring. He said that after Monday, he wouldn't worry at all about delivering the babies. They usually don't need NICU at that point unless there's an unforeseen problem. He also said that the contractions actually help the babies to mature faster.

I'll have another ultrasound late next week to check the position of the babies again. Right now we think they are both breech, which would indicate the need for a c-section delivery. There's just not much room for them to flip around at this point since they're both probably about 5 pounds.

We'd love for them to stay in there until 37 weeks, though I know I'll just get more uncomfortable with every day that passes. But it's all for the good of the babies. I'm sure they'll be born on their birthdays. :)

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Cheers for still being pregnant!!! Hang in there!

Krista said...

I just realized that between August 25 and September 15 your entire family will be having birthdays! That's a lot of presents, but a lot of celebration and parties too! You can celebrate birthdays for like an entire month! How cool!