Friday, August 1, 2008

31 week update

This weekend marks the 31 weeks point of my pregnancy.

I had an ultrasound today, and the babies are both looking healthy and gaining weight. Ryan weighs 3 lbs 6 oz, and Alyna weighs 3 lbs 4 oz. It's right where they should be...even for a single baby. So I'm carrying almost 7 lbs of baby and I am the size of a 37-38 week pregnancy (considered full term), and I still have 6 1/2 weeks to go.

Alyna has flipped a somersault... previously her head was down and feet were up, but now her butt is down and head is up. She and Ryan are head to head now. Hopefully in the next 6 weeks one of them will flip again and descend for a natural birth.

From this point on, most babies gain almost half a pound a week, so I'm not so much looking forward to how much stretching that will do to me.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Yay for getting past the magic 30 week mark! Every week is getting closer and better!!!