Tuesday, August 12, 2008

32 weeks, and counting...


I had my first round of fetal monitoring today. It was a challenge to find both babies and get them to stay on the monitor. Alyna kept moving away from it after about 15 seconds. Ryan just kicked and punched at the monitor a lot. Finally we just decided to try to get Alyna to track for about 60 seconds and call it quits. The doctor said it should get easier as they get bigger and don't have as much room to move around.

Everything is looking great. They are a good size, have strong heartbeats, and are moving well.

I have been having some contractions, but that's normal since my uterus is full term size. They aren't very regular, so it's not really a worry about pre-term labor yet. I just need to stay well-hydrated and take it easy. I know a few things that trigger them, like bending over to do anything, so I just have to watch out for those activities. Barry may have to start doing more dishes and laundry in the coming weeks.

This weekend is the baby shower. I'm excited... mostly so that I can get organized. We were given a whole tub full of boy clothes of sizes newborn up to 3T. They are all really nice too...

So we're just wanting the babies to wait about 3 more weeks, and then any time is fine. Keep us all in your prayers.

No comments: