Friday, January 28, 2011

Reading Memory

I wrote a small blurb for my friend's blog about composition for his OSU students. Here's what I wrote:

I was 4 years old in my first memory of reading Dr. Suess' "The Cat in the Hat". I was sitting next to my mother on the couch in the living room of our small house in Dallas, Texas. I knew how to read all the "at" words, but had to sound ou...t others. There were other little books I read in my pre-K school. The one I remember was titled "Matt the Rat". I only remember it because my older brother Matt hated that I kept saying the name of that book over and over again. These memories make me smile, and make me anxious for the days when I can share these moments with my own children.

To read the other narratives on reading memories and Jeff's conclusions on the matter, visit his blog:Three Literacy Narratives

No comments: