Sunday, January 16, 2011

Dry Day

By George, I think she's got it... Alyna stayed dry all day today.

Alyna went potty on her own initiative several times yesterday. Once I was in the kitchen and she ran in saying, "I peed." I looked over and she didn't have any pants on, and upon inspecting the potty seat I found she had in fact gone pee in the little potty chair all on her own. Hearing "I do it myself" a hundred times a day lately has finally paid off.

She wore the same Pullup from 6 am all day today until right before bed when she finally pooped in it. That was going potty at the church building, and even coming in from outside to pee too. She had been trying to poop in the potty for several hours before bedtime because she knew she needed to, but she just couldn't do it. She'll get that eventually, but I'm just so proud of her today.

I'll probably put her panties on her tomorrow since we aren't going anywhere, and we'll see how that goes.


Ryan's really been trying, but something is blocking his progress and I'm not sure what. He sat on the potty chair for 20 minutes today without peeing, and when I left the room to take care of Kellyn he stood up and peed on the floor. At least he came and told me it was "wet". Then he sat on the potty 3 different times this afternoon and evening for at least 15 minutes each without peeing. He really wants to do it because he wants a prize for getting all his stickers... but his body just doesn't seem to cooperate. Poor guy, he was so upset that Alyna got her prize again and he didn't.

No comments: