Monday, August 9, 2010

hanging in there

We've hit the 38th week of the pregnancy. The official due date is still 2 weeks off (Aug 23), so I'm really hoping to hold off delivery until the scheduled day next Wednesday (Aug 18). I at least hope baby Kellyn will wait until after Saturday night when my mom arrives. It will give me piece of mind to know I can leave for the hospital at any time without having to first arrange child care for my current little ones.

We almost went to the hospital last Wednesday night because my contractions were strong and 5 minutes apart, but after an hour and a half of lying down they finally slowed down. I'm just glad Barry was home that night because I couldn't do anything but lie there.

This week is all about just making it through. We had a play-date this morning, and it was really good to catch up with the mom. Her little boy is just 4 months younger than the twins so they had fun together.

Tomorrow we have a play-date at the church's nursery with several other 1-3 year olds. That's been a good place for us to play this summer about once a week. It's air conditioned, and a safe environment where I don't worry about them running off from me. They are faster than I am right now...

Wednesday and Thursday are quiet days at home... hopefully... while Barry sleeps for night shift.

Then Barry is off for the rest of the weekend. Unless I'm in labor, he'll drive to Lubbock on Saturday afternoon to pick up my mom from the airport... and then the real countdown to Wednesday morning begins.

No comments: