Thursday, October 2, 2008

Look who's growing...




Guess who is now bigger than his sister...

At birth, Alyna was 5 lbs 2 oz and 18.5 inches long. Ryan was 4 lbs 14 oz and 20 inches long

At 3 days old when we left the hospital, Alyna was 4 lbs 14 oz and 18.5 inches long. Ryan was 4 lbs 8 oz and 20 inches long

At 8 days, Alyna was 5 lbs 4 oz and 18.5 inches long. Ryan was 4 lbs 15 oz and 20 inches long

At 15 days, Alyna was 5 lbs 3 oz and 19 inches long. Ryan was 5 lbs 9 oz and 20 inches long

In 2 weeks, Alyna has grown half an inch and gained back her birth weight. Ryan has gained a whole pound since we left the hospital.

I am breastfeeding both of them exclusively, though I am using the breast pump a couple times a day to give myself a little break. For now, they both seem to do just fine switching between bottle and breast feedings. It's very tiring to breastfeed the twins. I feel very blessed to have the grandmas help me out for the first month. I don't think I'd be sticking with it if they weren't here. The pump is working great. 10 minutes, I'm done, and Daddy and Nanna can help feed them from a bottle.

They are also sleeping well at night. They even had one night where it was 5 hours between feedings. Most of the time there's a 3 1/2 to 4 hour block somewhere during the night. It depends on who's having a growth spurt.

Ryan is very observant. Every time you go to a different room, or even just switch arms holding him, he has to look all around to see where he is. It's like you can tell he's thinking about something important all the time.

Alyna is a little drama queen. If she's content she's very content, but if she's upset or uncomfortable, she has to wail and let everyone know about it. She especially hates pooping. I don't know why, but she makes the most awful sounds and faces when she's trying to mess her diaper.

They both will turn their heads when they hear Mommy or Daddy talking somewhere in the room. It's a very sweet feeling. Of course, whenever I start talking their mouths start moving like they want to eat.

Feeding time is coming again, as it always does. They are on a 3 hour feed/awake/sleep routine during the days. It's working well... thank you "Baby Whisperer".

3 comments:

deltasierra said...

Oh yay! I'm so excited to see pictures of your sweet little babies! I hope you're loving motherhood. They're adorable, and so very blessed to have such a wonderful family! :) Congratulations!!!

April said...

I love, love, love the pics! They are both precious! I'm so glad breastfeeding is going well, though constant, I'm sure. Thanks for the updates! Glad they are doing so very well.

Lana said...

Your two little cuties are simply adorable!! I hope you are all doing great. Thinking about you.