Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Home alone...

The twins and I are home alone during the days now.

Nanna (Barry's mom) left on Friday, and Uncle Joel and Aunt Jess were here for the weekend and left on Monday.

Everyone has been such a big help this month.

I can't believe it has been a whole month. My life seems to have turned into a bunch of 3 hour days. Each section is pretty much the same, and hopefully I get to eat or sleep some during each period.

The past two days alone with the twins have actually been easier than they could be. Both have taken turns been content or sleeping while the other is feeding, except for a couple times. At those few times, I've managed to feed them both at the same time. It's not necessarily easy to do, but it sure cuts down on the feeding time. I just have to watch out because Alyna is a spitup queen, and it's worse when they're both feeding at the same time.

They've also taken afternoon naps at the same time for at least an hour the past two days... so mom got a nap too.

Nights are going fine. Barry only has to get up if one starts to scream while the other is feeding. It's too hard to do a double feed when they are sleepy.

Next Thursday my sister is coming for a week and a half. I'm really looking forward to her visit because I love her... and I'll get a break every once in a while during the days.

The Twins:
Ryan seems to be growing like a weed. I estimate he's close to 7 pounds now... we won't know an official weight until his 2 month checkup in November.

Alyna has found her voice... she lets you know when she wants something with a short burst of voice that's more of a demand than a cry. She also has very good control of turning her head from side to side when lying on her stomach.

3 comments:

Krista said...

So the real reason you are excited that I'm coming in a week is. . .b/c you love me right!? Ha Ha. I am soooo looking forward to seeing you in a week. And the real reason I am coming is because. . .I love you too, not because you just gave birth to totally adorable twins that are my neice and nephew.

April said...

Loved the update! Sounds like life is good. You're a super mom!!! I'm so thankful your early days alone have been smooth. Love ya!

Delores Lee said...

You may be alone but you are certainly not forgotten. I pray for you constantly. I love you most--I miss you most--as Krista would say! Take care of yourself and your family.